Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How sweet it is.....

I didn't know whether to pinch myself, pee my pants or cry uncontrollably last night as Freddie Modin single handedly buried the overtime game winning goal against a sellout crowd last night in Nationwide Arena....against the Red Wings nonetheless.

I simply have no words for how that felt.

Earlier, my best friend and I were lounging around the house and she was reading me the CBJ news from the day. I listened as she quoted Hitch as saying him and the players were nervous about how the fans were going to be. This broke my heart so I looked at her and said, "Go make a sign."

And she did.

So we sat at pregame with our little sign that simply read, 'WE BELIEVE'. We know the players saw it. We know they appreciated it. Our only hope now was that they too, believed.

The game speaks for itself. The boys played with heart and soul, with determination and giddy up. They played a full 60 minutes and then some in a very Hitchcock hockey style and they came away with two well deserved, much needed points.

My favorite part of the night was celebrating the win. I don't think I believed it at first as I jumped up and down screaming with the rest of the crowd.

My very close second favorite part was hearing the cheers and the push from the crowd. For as many Red Wing fans that were there, you sure couldn't tell throughout the whole game. Great job Columbus fans. I was very proud and I know the boys were very grateful.

My least favorite part of the night was hearing about the Jason Chimera trade. It breaks my heart to see one of our boys go, but I wish him well in Washington and hope he knows we appreciate his hard work and loyalty to the team.

Might as well give mention to my second least favorite part of the night. We sat in the upper bowl behind a wall of glass that we propped our 'WE BELIEVE' sign against. During second intermission we left our seats and returned to no sign. The man beside us said he moved it because it was in his way......which I knew was a crock. (He was well over six foot three and our sign was maybe 10x14)

Needless to say it went right back up there...... and THAT is how I carry the flag ;)

Here's to another great performance tonight against the Islanders!

GO JACKETS! CARRY THE FLAG! I BELIEVE!

1 comment:

  1. you know i am right there with you!

    heading to the game tonight and hoping for a happy ending!

    happy 2010 to you!

    ReplyDelete